Thursday 8 March 2012

Department Stores

One of the best (and worst) things about being in a wheelchair is that you get to see on a regular basis just how insane the world really is.

I was in a department store the other day and I couldn't for the life of me navigate my way around it, such was the layout. The clothes racks were positioned so close together that I simply couldn't squeeze between them without my wheels making contact with those nice, crisp, brand new shirts.

Next time you're in a department store, take a look at this and ask yourself, 'if I was in a wheelchair, could I get through that gap without making a mess?' Now, I understand we're a minority and shops have to to be crammed full of stock to make a profit, but come on. Use your common sense. I'm sure if it had been a wet day and I'd been rolling through mud, and my wheels had spoilt a load of clothes, that I'd have been made to pay for it. Maybe I should do just that as a protest - nah.

I really think that imparting a bit of wheelchair wisdom to these corporations is my calling - I could charge a fair bit whilst making the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment